• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lochie

Lochie
  • 54 posts
  • Event: Half Marathon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hey fellow runners!

Just wondering over the past few month if we could get some feedback on the improvements we've made, and any future improvements you'd like to see?

Cheers,

Lochie

TRF Admin Team

#2 crisp

crisp
  • 157 posts
  • Event: Recreational

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Site runs pretty smooth.  Layout makes everything concise and easily accessible.  As for improvements or additions:

1. Maybe a chat box so can quickly drop a 'hello TRF' or something of that nature

2. Some running tools like pace calculators etc might be nice

• Brianna and Adub like this

#3 Ryan

Ryan
  • 766 posts
  • Team: University at Albany
  • Event: 1500M/1600M

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Site runs pretty smooth.  Layout makes everything concise and easily accessible.  As for improvements or additions:

1. Maybe a chat box so can quickly drop a 'hello TRF' or something of that nature

2. Some running tools like pace calculators etc might be nice

Great suggestions, we'll sit down this weekend and talk about these. Neither should be too difficult. Thanks!

Ryan J. Scarpelli

Co-Founder & Web Developer

The Running Forum

Ryan[at]TheRunningForum.com

#4 crisp

crisp
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

One more addition, maybe...kind of like our Miles thread, but can we somehow get a tracker up instead of a thread? So folks can add their miles daily and we could show totals for the day, month, year, etc. Not sure of the exact set up but it would be cool when people visit and see 'TRF Members ran 184 Miles today!"
  • Brianna, Andrew Keresztes and Adub like this

#5 Steve

Steve
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

My main web browser is Safari. Lately when I go to the main page I see what others have typed in the shout box, but the section where I can add something is missing. Also, the member of the month section is missing. When I use Firefox I see the MOTM section, but still don't have the option to chat in the shoutbox. I never used to have this problem - it just started a week or two ago.

Could this be a problem with my computer only? If so, what should I do to fix it? Or does TRF not like Macs? :)

“You don't stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.” ~Christopher McDougall, Born to Run

#6 Brianna

Brianna
  • 1,185 posts
  • Event: 5,000M (Road)

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

My main web browser is Safari. Lately when I go to the main page I see what others have typed in the shout box, but the section where I can add something is missing. Also, the member of the month section is missing. When I use Firefox I see the MOTM section, but still don't have the option to chat in the shoutbox. I never used to have this problem - it just started a week or two ago.

Could this be a problem with my computer only? If so, what should I do to fix it? Or does TRF not like Macs? :)

Thanks for letting us know. We will def. look into it!

Run.Discuss.Sleep.REPEAT.

Follow Me @SeeBriRun

The Running Forum

#7 Steve

Steve
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

I did try clearing my history and deleting my cookies. It didn't work. And unfortunately that's about the extent of my techie skills :)

• Brianna likes this
“You don't stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.” ~Christopher McDougall, Born to Run

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Donate towards my web hosting bill!