Major updates are coming to TRF!

Check it out and give us feedback: http://www.therunningforum.com/index.php/topic/1587-major-updates-coming-soon-to-trf/

Photo

What's your next challenge?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DAVID

DAVID
  • 1 posts
  • Event: Half Marathon

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Before I get started, I just wanted to give a little background as to why I'm posting this.

I just recently decided to start taking on new life challenges; my first being to run a half marathon this fall and hopefully a full marathon in 2018. I recently ran the Tough Mudder (10 miles, 20+ obstacles) so I think I'm on track to running a half later this year. However, after I run a marathon next year, I'm not sure where to go next. So I figured I'd jump on this forum in hopes to hear from the veterans who've accomplished all of their running goals.

How do you stay moving forward after mastering long distance running?

#2 BeardedRunner

BeardedRunner
  • 20 posts
  • Event: Ultra Marathon

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Congrats on the Tough Mudder! I've done a few of them and they are definitely their own breed of endurance event. One thing I would keep in mind is to not put the cart in front of the horse. Especially if running is new to you, I'd recommend sticking with your half and full goals for the time being and really focusing on training for them properly. This way you won't struggle through the full, (like many do) but actually enjoy it as you will presumably be trained correctly for it. Good luck and let us know if you need training advice and ultimately how you do! 

Marathon Maniacs: Completed

50 States Club: 5/50

**Looking for anyone possibly interested in the Ultra option of a Ragnar relay.**

#3 trackbunny

trackbunny
  • 5 posts
  • Event: 400M

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Good for you for knowing what your goals! I would suggest continuing to improve your time/PB for marathons rather than going for a longer race because of how hard distance (and all running haha) is on your joints. Work to get stronger and move up the ranks at your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc marathons instead of trying to run farther

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Donate towards my web hosting bill!