Major updates are coming to TRF!

Check it out and give us feedback: http://www.therunningforum.com/index.php/topic/1587-major-updates-coming-soon-to-trf/

Photo

Shin/Foot Cramps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mantics

Mantics
  • 1 posts
  • Event: Recreational

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Hello all!

I've been a runner almost my whole life. Back when I was in school, I was a sprinter. After graduating, I took up some longer running for exercise purposes. Running 3-5 miles a few times a weeks. I fell off exercise after starting my career and having a minor injury that took my out of commission for a few months. 

Now getting back into it, my shins and the bottom of my feet get this intense cramping/burning like 5 minutes into my run. After I stop it intensifies even more then eventually calms down. Now I'm not running at a fast pace whatsoever. I also do sprint intervals on the treadmill and have no issues besides some pain on the bottom of my feet but very tolerable. 

They don't feel like shin splints as I had those in college and they felt very different. I thought it might be my shoes so I got a gait evaluation, which showed my foot curves inward when I run and I got a shoe that improves it. Still no relief. I have a feeling I need to stretch a lot more as I also have patellafemoral syndrome, which is improved by stretching. 

Any recommendations for me? Specific stretches? 

Thanks!

#2 KarenAnderson

KarenAnderson
  • 4 posts
  • Event: 100M

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Cramps are obvious in running.  Try out the hydro massage once, it will help you to recover faster.

#3 Prifead

Prifead
  • 11 posts
  • Event: 100M

Posted Yesterday, 03:54 PM

Take a warm shower, Stretch and massage the muscles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Donate towards my web hosting bill!