Constant severe calf cramps
Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:57 PM
• Magnesium, potassium, and calcium supplements
• Foam rolling
• Running on my heels
• Running on my toes
• Drinking over 100 oz of water a day
• Overnight oats prior to our academy workouts
• Half a bottle of Gatorade prior to our academy workouts
• Not running outside of our academy workouts
• Running a mile multiple days outside of our academy workouts
The cramps have improved slightly but not gone away completely. Is there something I am missing or haven't tried? I would appreciate any and all advice! Thank you!
Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:06 AM
Does the pain go away or reduce later in the workout? when does it occur? it could be a rush or build up of lactic acid from your body processing sugars during exercise. also, try doing a longer warm up before your workout. improved circulation will help oxygen get to the muscles ( not enough oxygen to muscles is a major reason for cramping).
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users