Major updates are coming to TRF!

Check it out and give us feedback: http://www.therunningforum.com/index.php/topic/1587-major-updates-coming-soon-to-trf/

Photo

New to Endurance Running

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tiffhen123

Tiffhen123
  • 1 posts
  • Event: Recreational

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

Hello, 

I've been struggling with weight loss for almost 2 years now. I weigh about 190 pounds but because i'm 5 foot tall I look chunky and flabby everywhere. I looked into it and I need to perform lower intensity workouts and avoid squating, lunges, and dead lifting and whatnot because of my muscular thighs. I'm trying to lean out and lose about 60 pounds. I read that I should avoid hills and run for longer periods of time. 

I'm having a hard time all together with dieting and working out. I'm wondering if I work out in the morning before work and go for like 20-30 minute run it would benefit me more than if I worked out late at night.

Any suggestions? I'm not trying to rush this, but I'd like to be around 120-130 by the end of summer. I appreciate everyones words. Just be kind, my self esteem is really low right now. 

Thank you all for your help!

#2 cpc12

cpc12
  • 5 posts
  • Event: None Yet!

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:39 AM

Hello and welcome to running. I am new to this as well. 

I was 250 pounds and I wanted to lose weight. 

I cut out ALL unhealthy eating ( was NOT easy ) 

I started counting calories ( keeping it to under 1800 ) 

I got a Fitbit ( great motivator ) 

I began walking and graduated to running because I could get a better work out faster this way. 

I was only able to run a half mile before I felt like I was gonna die. 

Now 3 weeks later Today I ran 4 miles without stopping or walking. 

I have lost 50 pounds in 3 months.

It will never happen without complete will and desire to achieve your goals, its not fun, its not sexy. its hard work, and when your friends are eating Ice cream, you can look at yourself and feel good you held out. 

Im only 3 months in to fitness and I feel 100 % better mentally and physically ( obviously ) 

feel free to PM any questions 

Hope you are well ...

#3 ajm

ajm
  • 34 posts
  • Event: Half Marathon

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

I'm having a hard time all together with dieting and working out. I'm wondering if I work out in the morning before work and go for like 20-30 minute run it would benefit me more than if I worked out late at night.

I'm like you, I started running again last August and took time to find what worked for me. Personally, I like running in the early evening before dinner, taking in the last of daylight (often sunsets!) before enjoying a protein based meal. I find that both satisfies me and fits my schedule but obviously some folks might find work, commuting, family etc occupying this time.

TLDR: do whatever works for you. :)

#4 Prifead

Prifead
  • 11 posts
  • Event: 100M

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:31 PM

good job for getting your fit bit trust me its a good investment. its really good for losing weight 

since you can track it. at first when i use it i thought fitbit suck but i stick with it i use to be 200 pounds 

but since i use the fit bit i lost alot of weight 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Donate towards my web hosting bill!