Heart rate HRM Half marathon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CeeJ

CeeJ
  • 3 posts
  • Event: Half Marathon

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

I'm currently training for my second half marathon, and have a goal of finishing in 1:45 or better. Last year I felt my training went fairly well and finished with a time of 1:47. I was lucky enough to complete my training with no injuries, I pushed myself almost every run with only maybe 1 recovery/easy run per week. I run 4-5 days a week and at the peak of my training was running 25-30 miles per week. This year I 've changed my mindset and am trying a Heart Rate based plan. Trouble is I'm finding the majority of my runs to be at a painfully slow pace. I used to consider 9:30 pace to be an easy run but finding for my easy runs (3 times a week) in order to be in the "desired zone" I have to slow to almost a brisk walk at 12:00 pace. I used to periodically check my HR and found around 165-170 to be ideal for me. I would run a majority of my runs in that zone, I was working hard but didn't feel maxed out. I feel I'm moving backwards in this new plan. Was I over training before? Could it be possible I just naturally have a higher heart rate? I'm 30yo 170lbs with a Max HR of 190.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Heart rate, HRM, Half marathon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Donate towards my web hosting bill!