Major updates are coming to TRF!

Check it out and give us feedback: http://www.therunningforum.com/index.php/topic/1587-major-updates-coming-soon-to-trf/

Photo

Can't Hit Minimum Calories...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tinypenguininja

tinypenguininja
  • 5 posts
  • Team: None
  • Event: 1500M/1600M

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

ABout six years ago, some stuff happened, life got pretty hard, and I found myself in a position where I was only able to eat maybe two or three times a week. During this time, I gained 100 lbs in just under a year.
Trying to get back into shape, I feel like getting the minimum number of calories per day is my biggest issue. Ever since then, I only eat once a day and don't get hungry. I've been doing a low-carb diet (under 50 g) but the hardest part for me is managing to actually eat 1800 calories a day.
Anybody have any suggestions of healthy items I can eat with a slightly higher calorie amount per serving? I have to struggle to eat 1200 per day.

#2 KyleKranz

KyleKranz
  • 491 posts
  • Team: Team SKORA
  • Event: Ultra Marathon

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'm curious why you only eat once a day? I'd struggle to eat 1800 calories on a low CHO diet too. 

Runner & Online Coach at KyleKranz.com

Social Media Coordinator at skorarunning.com

#3 tinypenguininja

tinypenguininja
  • 5 posts
  • Team: None
  • Event: 1500M/1600M

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

After I got back to being able to eat regularly again, I had lost the need to. Before I started dieting and running, I would usually get to work, make myself some kind of sandwich, and I'd be good on food for the rest of the day.

#4 KyleKranz

KyleKranz
  • 491 posts
  • Team: Team SKORA
  • Event: Ultra Marathon

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Nuts are extremely calorie dense. Do you drink coffee? Maybe the bulletproof coffee recipe can help. 

Runner & Online Coach at KyleKranz.com

Social Media Coordinator at skorarunning.com

#5 trailhawk

trailhawk
  • 5 posts
  • Event: Recreational

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

I love bulletproof coffee!  good recommendation +1!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Donate towards my web hosting bill!