Major updates are coming to TRF!

Check it out and give us feedback: http://www.therunningforum.com/index.php/topic/1587-major-updates-coming-soon-to-trf/

Photo

Looking for a place to put my keys

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jlast10

jlast10
  • 1 posts
  • Event: Half Marathon

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hi everyone - I've recently started running outside, but my shorts don't have any pockets for my keys.  What do you guys do? Naturally, I went to google first and found a couple locks - the three below look promising - have you used these? recommendations for other locks or some other way to manage my keys? thx!!

http://www.key-pod.com

#2 katfishkoopa

katfishkoopa
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

if you can narrow it down to one key, you could lace it up in your shoes.  i always used to do that.... or i kept it in my bra haha but lacing it in the shoes works MUCH better!

• Samranabq and Skip like this

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring"

Twitter: @KerstinAhrens  

#3 JoshW

JoshW
  • 154 posts
  • Event: Recreational

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:31 AM

The best thing I've found to do with regular athletic shorts is to knot your keyring into the draw cords.  Works best if you have only one or two keys.

These days I run almost exclusively in shorts with key pockets.

• Skip likes this

#4 Skip

Skip
  • 386 posts
  • Team: #TeamCooper
  • Event: 5,000M (Road)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

When I run from the house, I don't take keys. We have remote keyless entry on the garage. If I drive to a park or trail, I take only the car key and place the remaining set under the driver's seat and lock the doors. Like Josh and Kat suggested, I either tie the key through the drawstrings on my shorts or in my shoe laces, if I don't have pockets. Running should be a low cost venture. Some things you have to buy, the rest is really more of a want than a need.

Skip Cooper © 1975

Also on Twitter and Facebook and Strava

"Be strong and courageous." - Deuteronomy 31:6 (ESV)

#TeamCooper

Posted Image

#5 Cordisimo

Cordisimo
  • 88 posts
  • Event: Marathon

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

I've started to only my running shorts with the pockets on the rear waste - band. Running with things in side pockets might be the worst possible running set up. Really you should only need one key, so I go with the laces most of the time. Even for swims I use my drawstring and it feels fine.

#6 Samranabq

Samranabq
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

What "Kat"said +1.
For every uphill,there's a downhill.For every headwind,there's a tailwind!Life is short appreciate it every day.

#7 runnersequip

runnersequip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hey guys,

could you please take a few minutes and help us out with our university project? We are trying to develop a comfortable storage device for keys while running.

This link will lead you to our short survey: http://www.survio.co...D4S1G5O2D9T7J1S

If you have any other comments or suggestions, please don't hesitate to post them here.

Thank you very much in advance!

#8 trailhawk

trailhawk
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

my shorts have a little pocket for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Donate towards my web hosting bill!